Have you finally decided to go on that long-awaited overseas holiday? You’ve done your research, picked a destination, and arranged for your flights. But don’t forget about the trip home! Now’s the best time – while you’re away – to book travel insurance and enjoy some peace of mind.
While there are a number of ways to book insurance, it is recommended going through a travel agent. One reason is that most agents can offer you multiple options from different insurance companies, allowing you to compare and find the best deal for your particular needs. In addition, an agent will be able to provide complete package holiday services – from flights and hotel bookings to insurance.
Tips to select a reputable travel agent
The following are some tips to keep in mind when shopping for a travel agent or agency.
1) A reputable travel agency will be a member of the Travel Compensation Fund (TCF).
2) A reputable agency will display its service fees. Fees can either be based on a percentage of the total package price or as an hourly rate plus expenses, with the hourly rate being calculated on a minimum four-hour charge out.
3) A reputable agency will take the time to find out exactly what you’re looking for and give suggestions.
4) A reputable agent should be able to provide several options for your destination, including package holidays with flights, hotel accommodation, transfers, and car rental included.
5) Before signing a contract for their services, you have the right to take it home for 24 hours to read it carefully. If you are not satisfied with the terms, don’t sign.
6) A reputable agency will have adequate staff training and experience in specific regions of the world. And their employees should be knowledgeable about local customs so it’s less likely they’ll offend or embarrass you with cultural blunders.
7) While a reputable agent may not be able to give you a full refund if your plans change, they should help to make sure you get the best available price on the products and services you do want.
Here are a few more reasons why you should give travel agents serious consideration for your next trip:
• They’re hassle-free – Agents take care of the paperwork and payment, allowing you to relax during your travels.
• An agent is there when you need them – What happens if a member of your family falls ill just before you’re supposed to leave on your trip? (plussreiser.no) Agents understand that such situations happen and will do their best to help.
• They offer peace of mind – A reputable agent can provide you with ‘peace of mind insurance, which means they’ll cover the costs if your luggage or travel documents are lost or stolen while you’re away. (https://plussreiser.no/reisetyper/temareiser-for-bestillingsgrupper)
A reputable travel agent should be able to advise you on several different insurance options, as well as the best type for your circumstances and budget. (https://plussreiser.no/reisetyper/reise-til-israel) For example, if you’re travelling with children under 18 years old you’ll need child medical cover; whereas single travelers may consider one of the less expensive ‘single trip’ options.
In addition, the type of holiday you plan to take will play a part in deciding what cover is best for you. For example, if you’re going on an extended ‘around the world’ adventure, then your travel insurance needs may be higher than those traveling on a cruise, it is best to seek advice from a travel agent, who can also help you find the best deals.